When your leadership and mid-level managers need help with their communication skills, Felicia Slattery can help and has training, consulting, and even individualized coaching for every member of your team. Whether your organization needs help with holding better meetings, delivering better presentations, or connecting with each other in a more effective way, you’ll find help right here. If you don’t see something you’re looking for, programs can be created specifically for your organization’s needs.
GENDER COMMUNICATION TRAINING
Each week seems to bring new allegations, new accusations, and new challenges related to sexual harassment. Yet, what we have witnessed in the United States since the fall of 2017 is only the tip of the iceberg.
Hollywood and high-profile men were first. But make no mistake: women everywhere are being empowered by seeing others like themselves who were harassed finally getting their day in court, and because of that, will soon be standing up for themselves in record numbers. And rightly so. Women and men alike should be able to work in a safe environment.
It’s time to be proactive to protect your organization from being on the wrong side of a lawsuit – and help the greatest percentage of your good, hard-working people to be protected as well.
Here’s How Felicia Slattery can help:
- One-Time Gender Communication in the Workplace training: This light, upbeat, and fun interactive training will show all your employees the right way to interact with each other.
- Private Consulting & Coaching: If your organization has identified someone who has difficulty understanding what appropriate behavior in the workplace is, yet who performs well otherwise in their position, it’s worth the effort to help that person modify and improve their behaviors.
- Ongoing Monthly Training: Each month your staff can participate in a face-to-face or virtual lunch and learn session that reviews various issues related to effective communication and gender in the workplace.
Set up an appointment to discuss your organization’s needs: http://FeliciaSlattery.com/meeting
Functional Public Speaking Skills for Professional Success
(Each session available separately; full training is a multi-session program)
Throughout your organization, you have staff at every level who will likely need to present key findings or information, or persuade some stakeholders that their ideas are solid, or a change of some kind can be made. And while most people with a bachelor’s degree had to take at least one public speaking course while in college, most remember very little (other than perhaps feeling nervous!) and those that can remember some details, aren’t able to transfer the skills from the classroom into their professional setting.
Participants will discover:
- Top 5 ways to begin any presentation (and none of them are unrelated “dad-jokes!”)
- How to structure a presentation whose primary purpose is to provide information
- How to structure a presentation whose primary purpose is to create change, get agreement, or motivate some action
- How to deliver a powerful presentation
- 3 specific ways to get over a fear of speaking (and address the myth of a “born speaker”)
- How to make any meeting interactive, fun, and engaging so people look forward to your meetings (or at least don’t dread coming!)
- Closing a meeting and getting people to take action
The following can be taught onsite as an extended half-day or full-day workshop, via 90-minute webinar, or via licensed video for regular, on-going use at your organization:
Interpersonal Communication Skills for Success
In this training, communication expert, Felicia Slattery, will show you what you need to know to effectively communicate your message no matter who you’re communicating with. With this content, you’ll better understand the process of human communication, so you can navigate any situation with ease. You’ll discover how you will benefit from improving your interpersonal skills and sharpening your critical understanding of the communication process, ultimately improving your professional relationships and your career success.
Good interpersonal communication skills enable us to work more effectively in groups and teams, which is an integral part of success. Often people are required to communicate complex information so that the most appropriate decisions can be made. This webinar opens a window into the inner workings of the heart and mind related to professional communication, leaving a clearly placed path to better and more effective communications in the office and beyond.
- Understand the 7 parts of the process of transactional communication
- Discover where and how communication breakdowns occur with a unique 4-letter acronym
- Communicate with competence by learning the skills that will make you a competent communicator
- How to determine which communication channel is most appropriate for any message
- Engage in appropriate and accurate self-monitoring of your communication (is the problem them or you?)
- Become clear on misconceptions about communication
Interviewing Skills for Success
The skill of knowing what questions to ask, to whom, when, and how to ask them is a critical communication skill for professional success for people at all levels of an organization. Today more than ever, the concept of interviewing continues to expand with growing sophistication regarding many areas in the workplace and beyond. This training is designed to enhance participants’ understanding of communication principles within the context of various types of professional interviews far beyond the employment interview.
Areas covered include:
- An introduction to interviewing beyond the employment interview and the essential elements involved in both formal and informal professional interviews.
- Various types of professional interviews including informational, persuasive, and problem-solving types of interviews.
- The role of perception in the interviewing process.
- 6 types of questions used in interviewing and how to choose which is best for a variety of situations.
- The functions and techniques for the three major components of an interview.
- 10 Common interviewing pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- The verbal and nonverbal considerations related to interviewing, so you can make sure your intended message is communicated clearly and with purpose.
Nonverbal Communication Skills for The Workplace
Nonverbal communication can make or break any communication encounter. In this engaging and interactive training session, your participants will discover ALL the ways they are constantly communicating nonverbally and how to manage that to express themselves on purpose and with purpose including:
- What your office, cubicle, or desk space says about you and if you’re ready for that raise, promotion, or greater responsibility
- How your boss’ sense of smell can keep you on the outside of the boardroom looking in
- When to reply to email messages, respond to voice mail messages, show up for meetings and more that make you look like a professional
- The 3 kinds of touch that are appropriate for the workplace, one surprising possibility and how to know when a line is crossed
- The secret power seats around any conference table to immediately elevate your status
- And more