It’s been a while since I’ve written a blog post. As you can likely guess from the title, because you’re smart like that, I’ve been preoccupied with relocating my family from the suburbs of Chicago to the 3rd biggest city in the state of Tennessee, Knoxville. Yes, I’ve been working, but doing the bare minimum to get by.
You know how “they” say moving is one of the top 5 or 10 or whatever most stressful life experiences up there with getting married, having babies, changing jobs, and driving in traffic (that last one has to be true, doesn’t it?)? Well… I am here to say, yep, that’s about right. Whew.
During our move, over and over again I kept seeing so many business and life lessons I decided to share them in at least a series of blog posts, if not, someday soon, a short book. So I’m starting here and we’ll see where this takes me.
As a preview for what’s coming:
- We about pulled our hair out over looking for a certain box, when I realized it wasn’t about the box at all. That’s when I found what I was looking for.
- My wedding and engagement rings were in a super safe place… so safe I thought I’d lost them forever.
- Two reactions to getting lost during travel; he wanted to be upset, so I let him be.
- Broken promises, cut locks, and no texting while driving. (Not at all what you think!)
- Going from 3000 square feet (plus garage and shed) to 1121 square feet with a family of 4, plus a dog.
These and other stories will follow this week. Some may appear as written posts and others as video posts. We’ll see what comes up!
What lessons from moving have you learned that can be related to life and/or business? I’d love to learn from your experiences – post in the comments below!