I got to know Heide Metzger for the first time when she joined my 30-Day Storytelling on Video Challenge (that I partner with Lou Bortone on) in the fall of 2015. She has a heart of gold and a HUGE vision to serve the world through fundraising massage parties.
For example, let’s say you want to do the Avon Beast Cancer Walk and you have to raise your money to do that. Well, Heide has licensed massage therapists across the country who will come to your house while you host a party. Half of the money goes to you for your charity and half goes to the massage therapist for their time and energy. It’s a win-win-win!
I am honored she has chosen to work with me to help her expand her message and grow her mission. And yesterday she emailed me after being in the free webinar I taught and then joining the Signature Speech Mastery Program.
The following is her email written in it’s entirety, because even her signature and quotation at the bottom are wonderful indications of her huge heart and giving spirit.
I wanted to get back to my office to write this since their where my notes (and thoughts) on the webinar were and wanted to share some with you if they can help you in any way to promote.
(Also the reason that I am on 2 of your lists is because this one is my general email to filter things through and the new one which will match the upcoming website, book, and marketing Fundraising Massage Parties, is what I use when it is something or someone I am working with currently or to follow up on. It is to cut out all other “noise”)
I wanted to specifically share with you the things that I put stars by and that made my eyes widen!
(HEIDEA = means I had an idea while you were teaching – these should come with a warning label)
1) “If you want to write a book, SPEAK about it first……….” WOW! Everyone else talks about having a book first to get your foot in the door! What great advice to get traction for a book launch!! I get that most people want a book out but don’t look at the marketing side of it though!
2) I loved the “chance to network with an entire room of people at once” I remember when I spoke in front of 180 Kinder Care teachers and when they came up to me afterwards, I felt like a rock star! Boy! Did I do EVERYTHING NOT to do for that event!! (That will be my testimonial for you after I finish your course and really ROCK!)
3) HEIDEA = When you mentioned the Naperville Chamber of Commerce, I thought about the mini-talk I am giving in Naperville tomorrow for the Alzheimer’s Walk Team in Naperville. They are committed to raising $500,000 at their event in September. Do you see an opportunity to speak to a local Chamber when events like that are going on in their town?
4) Your tip on simply adding “speaker” when you introduce yourself at events was great!
5) I AM IN LOVE with your simple 3-5 questions that people ask you the most! And what question should they be asking! For anyone that has an FAQ page on their website, brochures, or any marketing, THIS was a no brainer!!
THANK YOU!!! I got the other email about the 3 webinars tomorrow. It looks like one is at noon, another at !:00 and I am not sure of the 3rd, but I will rearrange a couple of things.
Feel free to let me know if you would like me to post anything anywhere.
With Much Love, Peace and Laughter,
“BE The Change You Wish To See In The World” Gandhi
With Much Love, Peace and Laughter,
Here is Heide’s fundraising vision explained using one of the video tools she learned about while taking part in the 30-Day Storytelling on Video Challenge with me and Lou Bortone. As you can see, she has a huge heart and I think a fabulous idea: