I didn’t have to make a resolution to determine that I want to learn something new every single day. Being a lifelong learner is simply part of my lifestyle. And that got me to thinking about a major ah-ha moment I had this week while listening to my friends and colleagues Jim Edwards and Jeff Herring.
You can watch this webinar on demand (that means right NOW!) and I promise you’ll pick up something new – I did! – (You can hear about my major ah-ha at about the 16:30 mark).
During the webinar, Jim was talking about the importance of CONSISTENCY and something I hadn’t considered before hit me. If you think of marketing your business in terms of how you live your LIFE – anything you’re NOT consistent with isn’t going to work for you.
Think of diet and exercise.
- If you workout sporadically or just once a week, is that going to get you the amazing body you know is under there somewhere?
- If you only eat healthy foods when you feel inspired to, are you going to be in optimal health?
- NO! You HAVE to make exercise and healthy eating part of your lifestyle to get the best possible results.
The same is true with content marketing. You need to make it part of your business lifestyle. That means every day you want to create SOMETHING that can help DRIVE MORE TRAFFIC. It can be:
- An email article you send your subscribers
- A blog post on your own blog (like this!)
- A guest post on someone else’s blog
- A video doing a demo, telling a story, clarifying a point, explaining a detail… whatever
- A webinar – either that you teach or you present
- A speech – that you deliver live or show a video of
- A podcast – either that you run or that you’re a guest on
- A live stream event – either that you run or that you’re a guest on
- Slides that you post online for people to learn from
The list goes on.
But golly that can get time consuming. Even if you’re repurposing your content, which smart marketers do, you still have to create it in the first place.
Enter the CUSTOM CONTENT WIZARD. This tool Jeff and Jim talked about makes creating that content you need to be consistently sharing very EASY. And FAST!
The fact is, your business DOES have a lifestyle of it’s own. But YOU are the one who drives that. Isn’t it time to get your business lifestyle in the BEST possible shape it can be in? Of course it is! Go see what it’s all about at:
BTW There is a special deal going on right now that expires in a couple days, so go see it this weekend while you’re thinking of it.