Kill the Elevator Speech: Stop Selling, Start Connecting
Contrary to popular marketing and networking wisdom, regurgitating a memorized “elevator speech” all over a poor unsuspecting soul who happens to ask the dreaded “what do you do?” question, does not work to establish a true connection with another human being.
Kill the Elevator Speech is about why those standard, memorized verbal vomits are so horribly wrong and what to do and say instead that will actually bring people together, help others understand who you are, and create the beginnings of a referral and professional relationship to go beyond the initial handshake and obligatory card swap.
The reader will learn how to walk into any room, confidently knowing how to handle, answer and completely address the question “what do you do?” with ease and grace, while also making the person they are speaking to feel comfortable and connected.
Praise for Kill the Elevator Speech: Stop Selling, Start Connecting
This book is great for any communicator. Lots of great tips, but most importantly takes away the need to have a memorized “elevator speech” when networking and meeting new people. Instead Felicia recommends putting the focus on the other person first. I loved the list of questions to ask when meeting someone for the first time as it gives you a starting place. Not only will you learn that you do NOT need an elevator speech (YAY!) but you’ll also learn about how to create your signature speech and much more. Highly recommended!
Shelley Hitz, Book Marketing Strategist, Professional Speaker
21 Ways to Make Money Speaking
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE MONEY – WITH YOUR MOUTH? Inside these pages, discover:
- 21 specific descriptions that show you exactly how to make money
- Exactly what you can expect to be paid as a professional speaker in various settings
- The fastest, easiest way to be prepared to speak at a moment’s notice
- …and more!
Praise for 21 Ways to Make Money Speaking
It’s refreshing to sometimes read a book that is packed with tips and not a lot of filler. Felicia gives 21 great tips on making money from speaking. She gets right to the point with each one. It won’t take you long to read it but you will want to take notes and plan action steps. Not only does she cover ways to get paid for speaking, but ways to use speaking to sell other products and services. This is a must read for those looking to break into professional speaking or those who want to use speaking as a step to other ventures.
J. R. Griggs, President, Red Wall Marketing
CA$H in on COMMUNICATION:
How Small & Home-Based Business Owners Can Use the POWER of Effective Communication to Succeed
As a small or home-based business owner, you can easily feel overwhelmed with everything you need to accomplish to keep your business running smoothly. Author Felicia Slattery has been where you are. As a successful communication consultant, sought-after professional speaker, and business success coach running her business from her home, she knows the challenges and opportunities small and home-based business owners face every day.
In Cash in on Communication: How Small and Home-Based Business Owners Can Use the Power of Effective Communication to Succeed you’ll discover essential components of your marketing communication messages, presented in easily understandable, no-nonsense real-world language. You’ll see a clear path to creating the business of your dreams by effectively communicating your messages to your ideal audience.
Inside you’ll find:
- A graphic model of effective communication for small business owners
- A quiz to uncover your confidence level as an entrepreneur and how to improve from where you are today
- The exact steps to determine a profitable niche market for your business (and if you need one at all!)
- How to boost your credibility for greater cash flow and business results
- Six of the most highly effective budget-friendly – yes even FREE – ways to quickly and efficiently spread your message to get more prospects and more clients
- How you can use social media including fast-growing Twitter to expand your reach exponentially
- How anyone can harness the power of public speaking to quickly and easily build your list of prospects and subscribers, even if you’re terrified and a total beginner (and no, please don’t picture anyone naked!)
- Various techniques to get others involved in your business to create a win-win situation from finding excellent virtual assistant help, to landing interviews with influential experts, and creating joint venture relationships
- And so much more!
Praise for Cash in on Communication: How Small and Home-Based Business Owners Can Use the Power of Effective Communication to Succeed
Cash In On Communication is a complete marketing guide every entrepreneur should read. You will get step-by-step training to narrowly niche your marketing message and turn it into a powerful way to build credibility and attract clients. Plus you will find out how to use modern tools and strategies – like teleseminars and social media – to get the most out of all your marketing efforts. Don’t wait – go online or run to your local book store – get this book right now!
Adam Urbanski, the Millionaire Marketing Mentor