how to use Twitter
I don’t know about you, but one of the things I love about working in my own home is being able to communicate with people from all over the world using the power of the Internet.
How do you meet people from all over the world? Well, one hot new way is through social networking.People are hanging out by the hundreds of thousands into the millions on places like Facebook and Twitter.
Of course meeting new people, whether it’s in your own neighborhood or across the globe, means using
effective communication. Particularly if you’re using the Internet to get the word out about your business.
The main thing to remember when you’re talking about your business to others online is: always keep your “audience” in mind: it’s not about you. We’re all tuned into our favorite radio station: WIIFM (What’s In It For Me?).
Here are my top 3 tips to communicating effectively to market your business using the power of social networking:
1. Build relationships
Just like when you build relationships in person, you have to have a conversation. Ask people about them and their interests. Share a bit of yourself (not just your business) to gain that all-important “know, like, and trust” from people reading your posts.
2. Offer Value
People will continue to flock to you if you offer them some value. Provide links to free resources you come
across or others’ blog posts you found interesting or other information relevant to what your audience
3. Answer Requests
Very often people will post surveys, ask questions and in general look for feedback on their ideas, websites,
etc. Take a moment or two to help someone out. Then when you need help, others will be there for you in return.
As I’ve blogged about before, I’ve had a lot of success in the past 8 weeks using Twitter specifically. As a result, many folks have started asking me lots of questions about using Twitter for business and can it really be effective and make you more money? Oh yes, can it ever (and it’s fun too!).
So I’ve pulled together a one-hour teleclass on using Twitter effectively. I’m calling it Twitter Basics and in
it I’ll show you:
- How to get started on Twitter – if you’re totally new I’ve got some pointers on the basics to get you rolling
- How to choose a Twitter user name that represents you
- How to begin building your credibility tweet by tweet
- What to do to get followers (and why you want them!)
- How to decide who to follow
- How to tweet effectively
- Where to fit it all in and find the time to tweet
- What information you need to put into your bio
- How to reply, “retweet,” direct message and use more features that will make you look like a Twitter pro in no time
- A few Twitter “applications” that make tweeting even easier and more fun and profitable
- How to fit what you have to say into just 140 characters
- How to sell products and services on Twitter so you can increase your cash flow
- And more!
Read all about it now:
Yes Twitter is amazing for business if you communicate effectively.
During this teleseminar I’ll be answering your questions specifically. In fact, if you have a questions about Twitter you don’t see in the above list, let me know what it is by leaving me a comment now.
I’d love to have you join me in this class next week. http://www.communicationtransformation.com/twitterbasics.html Until then, happy “tweeting!”
PS If you’re on Twitter already, follow me at http://Twitter.com/FeliciaSlattery